Notice: Undefined index: page_before in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 181
Notice: Undefined index: page_after in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 184
thersites: Journal for Transcultural Presences and Diachronic Identities from Antiquity to Date
thersites is an international open access journal for innovative transdisciplinary classical studies edited by Christine Walde, Annemarie Ambühl, Filippo Carlà-Uhink and Christian Rollinger.
Founded in 2014, University of Mainz
- thersites expands classical reception studies by reflecting on Greco-Roman antiquity as present phenomenon and diachronic culture that is part of today’s transcultural and highly diverse world. Antiquity, in our understanding, does not merely belong to the past, but is always experienced and engaged in the present.
- thersites contributes to the critical review on methods, theories, approaches and subjects in classical scholarship, which currently seems to be awkwardly divided between traditional perspectives and cultural turns.
- thersites brings together scholars, writers, essayists, artists and all kinds of agents in the culture industry to get a better understanding of how antiquity constitutes a part of today’s culture and (trans-)forms our present.
Link to thersites
- Issue 1: 2015: Caesar’s Salad: Antikerezeption im 20. und 21. Jahrhundert. Link to content and pdf
- Issue 2: 2015: Stereotyped Thinking in Classics: Literary Ages and Genres Re-Considered. Link to content and pdf
- Issue 3: 2016: Regular issue. Link to content and pdf
- Issue 4: 2016: War of the Senses, the Senses in War. Interactions and Tensions between the Representations of War in Classical and Modern Culture. Link to content and pdf
- Issue 5: 2017: Regular issue. Link to content and pdf